Community Investment Manager
Flying Cloud Institute seeks a dedicated and capable fundraiser with a proven
track record in raising funds for the nonprofit sector. They will be
responsible for developing and delivering on the overall fundraising strategy
of the organization, including securing unrestricted funding from individuals,
corporations, foundations and government sources. Working in collaboration with
the Executive Director, the Community Investment Manager will be responsible
for developing a diverse range of sustainable funding streams to support and
expand the work of the organization. This individual will also be responsible
for developing the charity’s communications and maintaining accurate financial
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Executive director to develop and deliver a comprehensive and
coherent fundraising strategy for the organization.
• Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets.
• Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams
from individuals, major gifts, corporations, events, foundations and
• Carry out prospect research and maintain FCI’s fundraising database that
captures all relevant information.
• Develop fundraising and publicity materials for awareness- and fund raising.
• Create a regular annual newsletter to share with supporters, partners, and
• Continually seek new and appropriate contacts and partnerships with relevant
individuals or organizations.
• Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating,
growing, and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
Financial Oversight and Reporting
• Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent, and timely.
• Liaise with the Executive Director to ensure the organization’s cash flow and
financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising
targets, and coordinating timely access to funds from supporters.
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following
experience and qualifications:
• A strong track record of securing funding for nonprofit activities from a
variety of funding streams.
• A strong writing portfolio of communication and awareness-raising materials.
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience.
In all aspects of this role the following personal qualities are essential:
• Excellent planning, time management, and organizational abilities.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently to meet goals and targets and
take ownership of the overall fundraising program of the organization.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a small, close-knit team.
• Sensitivity to differences in culture and nationality with the ability to
work closely with colleagues with a range of professional backgrounds.
• Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
How To Apply:
immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to
email@example.com and indicate your name and “Community Investment
Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
September 26, 2018
$25,000 to $35,000 depending on experience
About this Organization:
Flying Cloud Institute's mission is to inspire young people and educators through dynamic experiences with science and art that ignite their creativity.