Job Posting: Drupal Developer
(1 Full-Time Position in Northampton, MA, Rockville, MD, or Remote US)
This is us
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, researchers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out atwww.communicatehealth.com.
This is you
You are an experienced Drupal developer with a proven interest in developing accessible, easy-to-use web-based applications and tools. You are proficient in Drupal 8 development, including site building, configuration management, theming, and command line use of Drush and Drupal Console. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. You care about making health information easier to understand and use.
· Develop reusable and interactive web-based tools, mobile apps, and consumer-facing websites
· Consult and provide guidance on development projects for federal and state government clients as well as private companies and non-profit organizations
· Work closely with our team of developers on in-house deliverables
· Communicate recommendations and requirements clearly (verbally and in writing) with internal staff, non-technical clients, and technical partners
· Determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients and project managers
· At least 3 years of experience with Drupal, including authoring in:
o HTML5 and CSS3
· Solid experience with Git
· Demonstrable experience with Drupal 8
· Experience managing deployments across multiple development environments
· Experience using and managing local development environments
· Experience researching, evaluating, installing, and using contrib modules
· Ability to work independently and effectively with non-technical co-workers and clients
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Examples of open source contributions (Drupal contributions are a plus)
· Experience with MVC frameworks
· Experience with decoupled Drupal 8 sites
· Experience with front-end frameworks, including React and/or Vue.js
· Experience with DevOps
· Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices including Section 508 accessibility guidelines
· Experience working with government clients
· Experience developing cross-platform applications
· Experience working with writers, editors, and web designers
· Familiarity with entire website development lifecycle and documentation
· Experience with user-centered design process
· Solid working knowledge of common operating systems and software including iOS for Mac. Comfortable with digital-based work, especially digital project management and collaboration tools and video conferencing.
How To Apply:
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and 2 code samples email@example.com.
This is a full-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and full benefits.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, atwww.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.
March 15, 2019
$69,500 to $84,000
About this Organization:
We are a health communication firm specializing in health literacy and user-centered design.