Musica Sacra, a choral chamber ensemble based in Cambridge, MA, seeks a part-time Executive Director to lead, supervise, and oversee the major administrative functions of the organization. The Executive Director provides vital support to the Artistic Director and the Board of Trustees as Musica Sacra prepares to celebrate its 60th anniversary in the 2019-2020 season. The ideal candidate will exhibit enthusiasm, professionalism, and creativity while working with a range of constituencies including the Board of Trustees, staff, patrons, chorus members and other performers, volunteers, and the greater artistic community. Please visit our website, https://musicasacra.org/employment-opportunities.html for a detailed description of responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, motivated, communicative and enthusiastic individual who wishes to build a career in arts management. S/he will have:
• At least five years experience, preferably in non-profit management and/or hold a graduate degree in arts administration
• Demonstrated fundraising experience
• Knowledge of and experience with non-profit boards, including the ability to communicate priorities and accomplishments effectively and concisely
• Strong computer skills. Microsoft Suite (or Mac equivalent), Excel, QuickBooks, Adobe CS (including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Some html experience a plus
• Strong love of performing arts
• Exceptional organizational, oral and written communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills; ability to balance and prioritize a variety of projects and handle deadlines in a fast-paced environment
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample/s and professional references in PDF form to Emily Nydam, firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copy applications or phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position is open until filled.
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission.
August 06, 2018
Commensurate with experience
About this Organization:
From a choral repertoire spanning five centuries, Musica Sacra performs works both familiar and rare, with a crisp passion that awakens the listener to yearnings and joys, sorrows and delights--all that defines and inspires the best in human lives. Since 1959, Musica Sacra's 30-voice ensemble has been performing choral music with the highest standards of musical excellence and a sound that has been called 'breathtaking' and 'uncommonly fresh and direct.' Director Mary Beekman, now in her 26th season, continues to thrill Musica Sacra's singers and audiences with a varied and engaging repertoire.