Book Warehouse Assistant (for immediate hire)
Warehouse Shipping/Receiving Assistant
Harvard Book Store – Somerville, MA
you a creative person who can think outside the box? Solve problems on the
spot? Are you a sociable person who likes a certain amount of alone-time? Do
books make you happy?
Book Store is looking for a warehouse staff member at our Somerville, MA
location to assist the warehouse manager in the following activities:
Process incoming deliveries of remaindered books and other products.
- Receive shipments during delivery hours (10am to 6pm Monday through Friday)
and notify appropriate people when items are received.
- Ship web orders and process returns to publishers and other suppliers.
- Enter data for online sales software system.
- Assist in maintaining and displaying remainder inventory in the store
- Make deliveries to the store in Cambridge, MA and other locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Timely and accurate processing of sales, shipments, and returns handled out
of the warehouse.
- Consistent and orderly use of multiple software and hardware systems related
to daily processing of sales, shipments, and returns.
- Timely and accurate processing of all paperwork and communications with other
- Problem-solving and effective communications around any issues related to
processing data, paperwork, shipments, and products.
- Effective and pleasant communications with colleagues and customers.
- Safe and timely loading and unloading shipments in and out of the warehouse
- Safe and timely delivery to customers and to the store
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work space
If interested, please submit a resume.
The successful candidate will work effectively with maintaining detailed routines and problem-solving in a variety of situations. Because this job requires both consistency with details and "thinking-on-your-feet", musicians and artists tend to be happiest here and most effective. Being an avid reader, familiar with a variety of books - is also very helpful - even though there won't be time to read at work. An average day includes working alone, but strong communication skills are needed for the coordination necessary with other company staff. Self-starters are needed here!
The job requires the ability to lift boxes up to 50 lbs, a valid driver's license, and is a full-time 40-hour per week job. Some overtime or weekend work may be requested.
How To Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your essay and resume. Thank you!
February 28, 2019
About this Organization:
An independent and locally-owned landmark bookstore located in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA.