The KITCHEN at Boston Public Market is where Boston comes together to explore how seasonal cooking and eating benefits our bodies, community, and planet. Managed by The Trustees, one of the largest private owners of farmland and coastal property in Massachusetts, and partnered with Boston Public Market, The KITCHEN hosts tasting demos, hands-on classes and educational experiences that celebrate the season and promote healthy living in Massachusetts by connecting visitors to the farmers, artisans, lands, and waters of this region.
The KITCHEN Events Intern will focus on supporting The KITCHEN team of The Trustees on a broad spectrum of programming, digital marketing, public relations, and customer service responsibilities. They will work to support KITCHEN staff in event development and promotion for this dynamic programming space.
This internship provides the opportunity to gain skills andexperience related to marketing, event planning, office administration, and social media. We are seeking candidates who are eager to learn the nuances of working at a nonprofit organization and who are willing to take on the challenges of a start-up endeavor. While the position is unpaid, the intern will gain valuable experience, a letter of recommendation, and connections to local food companies and partners. Interns can attend KITCHEN events for free and receive a discount to Boston Public Market vendors.
3-month minimum commitment, rolling start
Minimum 15 hours per week, based on a weekly schedule determined by the candidate’s availability. The KITCHEN is open 7 days per week.
General responsibilities may include the following:
· Event Development and Promotion – work with staff to come up with event ideas, create event materials, populate online calendars, create social media packages, and execute events.
· Outreach and Marketing - create ad hoc social media content, take photos during events, organize photo library, and create flyers and signage for events and general Kitchen needs.
· Kitchen Support - work with staff on site in support of general Kitchen management including inventory and supplies, signage, and program setup and breakdown when needed.
· Volunteer Management - coordinate with the Engagement Site Manager to keep volunteer database updated.
· Log internship hours into the Hands on Connect database weekly
* This is an unpaid position but college credit may be available.
· Interest in sustainability, conservation, food systems, start-up business experience, and/or the nonprofit sector
· Currently pursuing or have recently completed an undergraduate degree
· Strong communication skills and an outgoing and engaging personality
· Basic computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of design software including Adobe systems is a plus
· Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
· Must be a self-starter and strong collaborator