Part Time Junior Graphic Designer
About Itoya Topdrawer:
Our story began 105 years ago with our flagship store in the Ginza section of Tokyo. With a Japanese aesthetic and a razor sharp focus on quality, our curated stores aim to bring to America the finest “Tools for Nomads.” This is no ordinary travel goods store. We look at it differently. We believe modern life is lived in constant motion and our beautiful assortment of bags, apparel, paper goods, fine pens, bento boxes, travel goods and gear are elevating the way in which people live and work while “on the go.” Are you a nomad? Are you design and quality focused? Do you relate to the Japanese culture of balance? Do you love helping people? Then Itoya Topdrawer might be the place for you.
Itoya Topdrawer is seeking a part time junior graphic designer to join us in our Boston office. This position will be Wednesday through Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
This designer should be looking to develop their existing skills by working with senior graphic designer on a range of projects. Responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of campaigns across the web through email and other digital assets, working on digital and printed materials for the Topdrawer stores, and helping to edit and maintain product photography for e-commerce.
An understanding of typography, typographic hierarchy, layout, and enthusiasm about working for a business to consumer brand will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
A good knowledge of the following softwares is required:
- Microsoft office suite
- Google drive
Photography knowledge is a plus. Experience with working for a b2c lifestyle brand is also a plus.
Communication is a big part of the job, so the junior designer should feel confident to contribute to the entire creative process for the brand. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key to understand bigger picture goals for the brand.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective, and on brand designs for all media
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Working directly with senior designer to execute projects in tandem, those include:
- Designing emails that are in line with the brand marketing calendar
- Designing website banner assets that are in line with the brand marketing calendar
- Designing print & digital assets and POP signage for the Topdrawer stores
- Assist on editing and maintaining product photography for ecommerce purposes
- Working on the visual layout of our Instagram
- A team player - working with the Topdrawer team in all aspects of the business, and willing to learn and use the info & data from different areas of the business to make an impact on design efforts. Flexibility is key as well as an enthusiasm to understand how the business functions as a whole.
- BFA/BA in graphic design or a related field
- 1-2 years related experience, experience with working in a b2c in-house creative team is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- A background of working as part of a design team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Ability to problem solve
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve design work
- Must be able to work in the Boston office, no remote work
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and a portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is no portfolio or resume, applications will not be considered.
August 31, 2018
About this Organization:
Topdrawer is the boutique store concept of the famed Itoya stores of Japan. Our story began 113 years ago with our flagship store named Itoya in the Ginza section of Tokyo. We now have stores throughout Japan and we’re just getting started in America with our Topdrawer branded stores in San Francisco and Boston. Our headquarters is in downtown Boston with a full operations, marketing, social media, product development, finance, production studio and web team.
With a Japanese aesthetic and a razor sharp focus on quality, our curated stores and web site aim to bring to America the finest “Tools for Nomads.” This is no ordinary travel goods store. We look at it differently. We believe modern life is lived in constant motion and our beautiful assortment of bags, apparel, paper goods, fine pens, bento boxes, travel goods are elevating the way in which people live and work while “on the go.”