Summer Learning Assistant/Coordinator
The Museum is striving to better support summer learning programs in Boston, through experiences specifically designed to meet the needs of this audience. The Summer Learning Coordinator/Assistant will work with the Museum Learning Department to facilitate programs for after-school and camp groups, and work to build relationships with relevant organizations to inform the development of new needs-based programs.
This is a part-time (20 hours) seasonal position through September 30.
· Serve as lead facilitator for after-school and camp programs.
· Proactively build and maintain relationships with after-school & camp group leaders to understand their needs, enhance the museum experience, and encourage repeat and multi-faceted engagement.
· Proactively build and maintain relationships with relevant out-of-schools organizations outside of the museum, such as Boston After School & Beyond and PartnerBPS.
· Assist to develop one or more programs targeted at the after-school and camp audience in partnership with stakeholders.
· Assist to train and evaluate educators in the facilitation of after-school and camp programs.
· Work closely with Museum Learning department.
· Work closely with Charlestown Navy Yard partners to create a one-navy-yard experience for camp and after-school visitors.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in museum education, and/or working with camps in a not-for-profit administrative role.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Filemaker preferred.
· Ability to communicate clearly and confidently in person, via email, and on the phone.
· Strong ability to problem solve and work independently, with an attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and work in an efficient and timely manner.
· Positive attitude, enthusiasm for new initiatives, and comfortable with a continual process of prototyping.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience and/or interest in the Museum’s hands-on minds-on, visitor-centered philosophy.
How To Apply:
To apply, send cover letter, resume and references to Manager of Academic Programs, Jodie Smith. firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 19, 2018
Hourly, dependent on experience.
About this Organization:
USS Constitution Museum is a private, non-profit organization that serves as the memory and educational voice of USS CONSTITUTION, by collecting, preserving, and interpreting the stories of 'Old Ironsides' and the people associated with her.