Senior Accountant - Boston (year-round, full-time)
Our Finance & Administration team plays a key role in supporting the work of The Trustees. We are a small team that is busy streamlining the way we work and the way we deliver support services to our special places. Our teammates are enthusiastic professionals who are as committed to strong customer service as we are to accuracy.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for day to day and month end accounting functions including processing cash receipts, preparing journal entries, and reconciling accounts. The Senior Accountant will also back up both payroll and accounts payable positions, and will play a major role in our March year-end accounting responsibilities.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated accounting professional with the ability to work independently and maintain working relationships with other departments. He/she must have a solid understanding of GAAP and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- In conjunction with the rest of the Finance team, ensure daily operations are efficient, accurate, and timely
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations including bank and credit card statement reconciliations; Research and resolve any discrepancies
- Prepare monthly reports and journal entries
- Process and monitor accounts receivable
- Track reimbursable grants
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; 5 to 7 years experience in Accounting with nonprofit background preferred
- Comfort working in general ledger applications; experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus
- Strong computer skills, and especially experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively and participate as a member of a diverse team
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work well with others, respond to changes in priorities and meet assigned deadlines
Benefits and Salary
The Trustees offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How To Apply:
November 30, 2018
About this Organization:
The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. We preserve and protect places of natural, scenic and historic beauty and hold these “reservations” in “trust” for public use and enjoyment. Our passion is to improve the quality of life in the Commonwealth, using our properties and their many programs as a powerful and compelling platform to engage more residents and visitors in our mission-driven work. We believe in protecting the irreplaceable forever, for everyone. Today, we care for 117 special reservations -- from beaches to farms, gardens and historic sites – within minutes of every resident. Funded and supported entirely by our nearly 2 million visitors and supporters, and more than 60,000 member households, we invite you to find your place.