Neighborhood Food Tour Guides!
Our walking food tours offer a unique perspective of Boston and we are always looking for equally unique, passionate individuals to join our team. As a guide, you will essentially serve as an ambassador, showcasing what Boston's most vibrant and tasty neighborhoods have to offer - including delicious local food specialties! Our tours run seasonally from April through November / December, and we currently offer experiences in the South End and Allston neighborhoods. Tours run Wednesday through Sunday in one or both neighborhoods, last between 2.5-3 hours and cover less than 2 miles of walking. We are seeking guides for both locations for our 2018 season!
We are able to begin training new guides immediately.
- A passion for all things Boston!
- A love of local food and urban community
- Patience and excellent people skills
- A friendly and smiley disposition
- Knowledge of and first-hand experience with the Boston food scene
- Some knowledge of Boston's South End, Allston, and /or Chinatown neighborhoods
- Lives in or around Boston - within 10 miles of the tour starting point
- Enjoys meeting new people and supports small, local Boston businesses!
How To Apply:
If you are interested in learning more and / or applying for a tour guide posittion, please contact Alyssa at: email@example.com
Please use subject Line "Hire Culture Tour Guide Application" and please include the following in your email:
- Current Resume
- Brief, 100-word description of what a food tour is - in your own words
- An explanation of why you want to work for Bites of Boston Food Tours and what makes you a good fit for the role
Thank You. We look forward to hearing from you!
February 08, 2019
$16 per hour to start
About this Organization:
Bites of Boston Food Tours was founded with the belief that food tastes better when enjoyed in the context of your local surroundings. We are eager to show locals and visitors alike a different view of Boston, off the typical tourist trails, and with a focus on food favorites from local eateries. By combining delicious local food tastings with history, architecture and culture, we have created a perfect recipe for fun, filling and fulfilling experiences in some of Boston's most vibrant and tasty neighborhoods.