Off-Site Teaching Artist for Visual Arts
The Mosesian Center for the Arts seeks Teaching Artists to join our faculty for off-site programs as we expand to serve our community in Belmont, Watertown, Newton, Cambridge or Needham. Classes are for elementary school age children and include after-school enrichment classes in a variety of visual arts. Teaching Artists work with the Visual Arts Education Coordinator to plan, develop, and implement arts educational programs to reach a broad and diverse audience. Ability to teach clay, cartooning, or general art a plus!
This position requires:
- Reliable transportation to and from the class site and the ability to transport materials to and from class.
- Must be available at least one weekday afternoon per week between 2:30pm and 4:30pm to teach a 1 hour to 1.5 hour class.
- Prior visual art instruction with pre-K – high school students
- BFA or equivalent experience
- Ability to implement successful methods of classroom management
- A passion for implementing educational arts programming and strengthening current programming for children, teens, and/or adults
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, which will be used to communicate with students and parents about logistics, etc.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter along with a selection images of student work to MCA’s Visual Arts Education Coordinator, Beth Dalal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about MCA's program and mission please visit our website at www.mosesianarts.org.
February 22, 2019
About this Organization:
The Mosesian Center for the Arts provides Greater Boston with an innovative environment for creating and presenting visual, literary, and performing arts for children and adults that encourage dynamic artistic collaboration while inviting the broadest possible audience to engage in the creative process.