Trumpet Instructor to start immediately
The Dedham School of Music is seeking a part-time trumpet Instructor to begin in January. We look for an experienced, enthusiastic and driven teacher who is able to engage with students, teach them love for music, and understand how to best serve them.
This position is for 45-minute classes that take place after school.
Tuesday - Friday (each day is at a different elementary school in town). The small-group class is comprised of a maximum of EIGHT (8) beginner students between grades 3 and 5.
This position also has the option for private lessons.
Tuesdays 3:00 - 3:45
Wednesdays 3:00 - 4:30
Thursdays 3:00 - 4:30 (with potential for private lessons 5:00 - 6:15)
Fridays 3:00 - 3:45
Days and times are non-negotiable
- Providing instruction to small-group classes of up to eight beginner (8) grade 3-5 students at one time.
- Providing lessons equal to the hours/weeks for which students are registered
- Preparing students for required performance/assessment opportunities
- Attending all faculty meetings for the contractual year
- Maintaining correspondence with parents, students, and Employer with regards to scheduling, attendance, concerns, etc.
- Providing private lesson instruction (if applicable)
Masters Degree in performance or education OR proven extensive experience is required.
MUST have experience teaching elementary students in a group setting.
3+ years of teaching experience with beginner students required.
How To Apply:
Please email a current resume and references to Amy Fichera, Executive Director: email@example.com. The position remains listed until filled.
January 31, 2019
$47 per hour
About this Organization:
The Dedham School of Music (DSM) is a small not-for-profit organization founded in 2008 to culturally enrich the town of Dedham and surrounding communities by providing a supportive environment for musicians of all ages and abilities to perform, create, appreciate, and learn to play music. DSM is a community music school that provides private and group music instruction, after school instrumental group lessons at local public schools, and performances for the public in and around the Dedham community.