455 Oak Street
Brockton, MA 02301
Date Posted: January 22, 2019
Region: Eastern Massachusetts
The Program Coordinator for our Youth Arts Program, SummerSPARK will be
responsible for providing leadership, instruction and motivation for SummerSPARK
participants and staff. Provide a quality experience to students and
implementing weekly curriculum in art and craft media and techniques for ages 6
- 16. The program will be designed to help students engage with the museum
collection and exhibitions, while also making connections to their own lives
and the world around them.
The Program Coordinator will work flexible hours from April -June for
recruitment and planning and 5 days per week during the SummerSPARK program (July
8 - August 16). The Coordinator is expected to be onsite at Fuller Craft Museum
from 8:30am - 4:30 pm during program weeks.
SummerSPARK COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide administrative assistance to the
Education Director and to the Education Department.
Update and prepare arts program schedules,
marketing communication, and additional registration documents.
Planning and implementation of summerSPARK programming.
Assist in supervision interns and collaborating
with part-time staff.
Manage class registration and program fees.
Assist in the production of department events,
exhibitions as needed.
Maintain communication with participants,
parents, and arts staff.
Instruct classes as scheduled.
· Bachelor's Degree in Education, Arts or related field.
· Experience as a teaching artist for youth ages 6 - 16 is preferred.
· Experience with outreach to community-based organizations a plus.
· Outstanding communications skills, including ability to interact with staff and the general public.
· Outstanding organizational skills a must.
· Strong self-starter demonstrating solid problem solving skills.
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in cooperation with diverse populations required
· Commitment to positive youth development.
· Willingness and flexibility to work an irregular schedule.
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your teaching and artistic experience. Optional: 5 - 10 photos of student work, or a link to your online portfolio to: Sage Brousseau email@example.com