The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum is currently holding auditions for historical interpreters/actors. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Interviews are by appointment only and will begin in early January. New employees will begin in mid-February.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. Positions would begin immediately following a mandatory pre-employment drug screening.
The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum is dedicated to
reliving the historic night of the Boston Tea Party. Our museum includes a
blend of live historical performance with technology and multimedia
presentations including the award-winning documentary, Let It Begin Here. We
are also the proud home of the Robinson Half-Chest, the only known
surviving tea chest from the Boston Tea Party of 1773. The Boston Tea Party
Ships & Museum is a floating nautical environment, featuring two
fully-restored 18th century sailing vessels, the ship Eleanor and the brig Beaver.
As a member of our cast, you will serve as a Host to our guests, dress in historical costume, and portray a historical character while leading guests through the museum experience. Through your intensive training, you will become an expert on the Boston Tea Party, the historical significance of this event and its impact on the American Colonies. Besides the daily experience, you will take part in the many productions in the Creative Department of the BTPSM, including but not limited to: Education Program, Huzzah! Tavern Nights, Revelry on Griffin's Wharf, etc.
- Each actor will perform multiple roles on site.
- Must be available to work on weekends and holidays.
- Some evening hours will be available for special events/programs/rehearsals.
- Friendly/outgoing dispositions expected. We pride ourselves on giving unrivaled customer service and have built a great reputation not only locally, but internationally.
- Must be comfortable working with and leading large groups of people. Must be able to work in all weather scenarios as you WILL be outside for part of your day.
- Prior performance experience and an interest in revolutionary war era history strongly preferred.
- Mandatory pre-employment drug screening
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
February 25, 2019
$15 an hour
About this Organization:
The Boston Tea Party, “the single most important event leading up to the American Revolution” occurred the night of December 16th 1773.
The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, owned and operated by Historic Tours of America, is dedicated to accurately reliving that famous event. With a new state-of-the art museum and authentic replica ships; the Beaver and the Eleanor; the attraction brings visitors back in time to learn and experience the courageous acts of those who forever shaped the course of history.