Become a part of Emmanuel Music’s development department and
learn how to keep an arts organization funded and thriving. Along with learning
about individual and institutional giving, you’ll provide event support, work
in our patron database, and interact with donors, alongside enthusiastic
professionals in a productive environment.
Specific areas include:
• foundation research;
• writing grant proposals;
• direct mail appeals;
• tracking solicitations and stewardship efforts in the
• execution of membership benefits;
• other aspects of fundraising as needed.
Part-time (approximately 10-15 hours per week) unpaid internship positions available for Fall 2018 and Winter 2019.
Students enrolled in a college program that requires an internship;
students and recent college graduates looking for "hands-on" experience
in a small arts organization that may propel them to future work in the
• interest in the nonprofit sector, specifically in arts administration,
• ability to commit to at least 10-15 hours/week; flexible hours, according to schedule.
• exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• ability to work independently, take initiative, and
approach problems creatively;
• flexible, detail oriented, and organized;
• ability to multitask and prioritize;
• some knowledge of fundraising is a plus.
How To Apply:
E-mail statement of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls or hard copy materials, please.
October 05, 2018
N/A - unpaid internship
About this Organization:
Emmanuel Music is a Boston-based music ensemble comprising a professional chamber orchestra and chorus. Emmanuel Music was founded in 1970 by founding Artistic Director Craig Smith to perform the complete cycle of Bach Cantatas at Emmanuel Church - a cycle which has since been completed several times. Ryan Turner was named Artistic Director in 2010. Emmanuel Music now gives over fifty performances each year including a vocal and instrumental chamber music series, large-scale performances of opera, symphonies, and oratorios, free Lindsey Chapel Series, informal musician-curated Late Night Series, collaborations and tours.
Emmanuel Music has premiered a number of contemporary compositions including works by composer John Harbison and has recorded six CDs for KOCH International, one CD on the Nonesuch label, and one CD on the Emmanuel Music and AVIE labels. Emmanuel Music sponsors educational and outreach activities as part of the Community Connections program.